Parent Heart Watch (PHW) is the only national voice solely dedicated to protecting youth from sudden cardiac arrest and preventable sudden cardiac death. PHW leads and empowers others by educating and advocating for change.
Founded in 2005 by parents who lost a child to SCA, joined by parents with a surviving child and change-making medical and allied health professionals, we educate and advocate for better prevention standards where kids live, learn and play.
Together with our local champions in 32 states PHW has:
- Placed 7,631 AEDs in schools & other places youth congregate
- Screened 749,141 youth for risk factors & conditions that may lead to SCA
- Trained 582,009 in CPR & AED use
- Distributed hundreds of thousands free educational resources nationwide
- Hosted 16 annual conferences & 2 CMEs featuring nationally & internationally renowned speakers
- Advocated for the passage of SCA-related legislation in 40 states
- Presented at numerous state, regional, national & international conferences
- Representing SCA in Youth on the American Academy of Pediatrics Section of Cardiology & Cardiac Surgery Advocacy and Public Policy Committee and the Publications and Communications Committee
We invite you to help us to protect young hearts from the leading cause of death on school campuses.