NOTE: Materials fees are required for some workshops. These fees are paid directly to faculty and are not part of your registration fee. Materials Fee: 0 Fee Details: 0
Required Supplies: You will need a closely basted quilt to work on. You can also opt to add hand stitching to a quilt that has been machine quilted already.
• Basted quilt. For lap quilting you will want to baste closely, 2-3” apart.
• Small scissors
• Thread (perle cotton size 8 or 12). I prefer a thinner thread (size 12 ) as it is easier to quilt with
• Variety pack of needles: Embroidery or Sharps with needle sizes between 4 and 8
• Non-permanent marking tool (chalk pencil recommended)
• Thimble that fits snug on finger tip (should not fall off when you move your hand)
• Needle threader
• Thread conditioner
• Safety pins for additional basting Optional Supplies: • Painters tape (optional-can be used as a quilting guide)
• Quilting hoop (optional)
I will be demonstrating lap quilting with out a hoop, but it is your preference
• Acrylic ruler at least 12” long (to help draw quilting guides), shared 6"x24" rulers will be provided. Prep Requirements: You will need a closely basted quilt to work on. You can also opt to add hand stitching to a quilt that has been machine quilted already.
Learn how to incorporate hand quilting to add depth and interest to your quilts. In this workshop, students will learn the basics of hand quilting, including using different types of thread (cottons, metallics, rayon) and how various battings affect the stitch. This workshop will also cover how to use hand quilting as an embellishment.