NOTE: Materials fees are required for some workshops. These fees are paid directly to faculty and are not part of your registration fee. Materials Fee: 0 Fee Details: 0
Required Supplies: • Fabric- silk organza or oksa or ramie or cotton voile (light weight and plain-woven fabric will work)- Kit is available to purchase from the link below
• Needle-sharp needle of your choice
• Thread: cotton thread #40w or #50w or silk thread #50w (Contrasting color thread is ok to use)
• Pins- Extra sharp pins work better for small pieces and fine fabrics
• Fabric marking pen or pencil
• Hera Marker or craft awl Optional Supplies: • Threader (optional)
• Portable lamp (optional), cannot plug into wall.
• Pencil and notebook to take a memo
• Rotary cutter and cutting mat or fabric scissors, shared items will also be provided.
Prep Requirements: No cutting/prep in advance is required Supply Kit URL: http://www.youngminlee.com/ssamsoljogakbokit
Jogakbo, patchwork bojagi, embodies the philosophy of recycling, as they are made from remnants of leftover fabric. Thoughtfully arranged shapes and colors in bojagi often show very modern and abstract compositions. Youngmin will teach basic jogakbo construction in this workshop. Ssamsol is a durable and decorative seam technique where you use two different seam allowances.