Call for Volunteers
We invite you to apply to be a Student Volunteer at this year’s National Academy of Neuropsychology Annual Conference in Denver, CO. The 2022 conference will be held at the Sheraton Downtown Denver from Wednesday, October 12 - Saturday, October 15.
Students will be assigned to help with conference registration, workshop monitoring, CE scanning and various other activities beginning on the afternoon of Tuesday, October 11.
To be a Student Volunteer, you must be an active Trainee Member of NAN with current dues status at time of application (2022 dues paid).
Volunteer applications will be considered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
LEARN MORE & SIGN UP NOW
Outstanding Postdoctoral Conference Travel Award
NAN's Trainee Committee is excited to receive applications for the Outstanding Postdoctoral Conference Travel Award. Postdoctoral fellows preparing to transition from postdoctoral residency into early career professionals are eligible to apply for one of ten $500 scholarship awards to use towards travel/attendance at the NAN Conference.
1. The applicant must be participating in-person.
2. The applicant must be completing a fellowship in clinical neuropsychology and a postdoctoral fellow at the time of the conference.
3. The applicant must be current dues-paying NAN Trainee member.
4. The applicant should demonstrate commitment to the field of neuropsychology through their clinical experiences, publications, and/or conference presentations.
Applicants will need to submit the following:
1. A copy of your CV
2. A one-page (or less) letter of intent describing your career trajectory and relevant background in neuropsychology (i.e., professional training including clinical and academic experiences), how being a member of NAN has benefitted your career, and how attending the NAN conference will enhance your professional growth.
If interested in applying, please send your application materials to email@example.com by July 15, 2022. Applicants will be notified by September 7, 2022 to all allow for travel arrangements.
Please note that the letter of intent needs to adhere to one page or less. Applicants that fail to submit all the required documents will not be considered for the award.
Edith Kaplan Scholarship Award
The Women in Leadership (WIL) Committee is pleased to announce the Twelfth Annual Edith Kaplan Scholarship Award.
All Trainee members (post-graduate, graduate, or undergraduate) who have not previously received this scholarship are eligible to apply for the 2022 WIL Edith Kaplan Scholarship. Applications from both women and men are welcomed and encouraged. Recipients are expected to assist with the registration desk at the WIL Networking Event at the annual conference in Denver. Scholarship recipients will receive:
1. Free registration for the WIL Networking Event.
2. $450 to defray travel expenses.
In order to apply, please submit a 500 word (min) to 1000 word (max) essay on the following topic:
"It is important for women to lift one another up in the workplace, particularly as women enter more senior roles. At times, societal norms may create the assumption that there is only room for one woman “at the table.” How can women continually support and raise each other up as both colleagues and superiors to combat this assumption?”
Please send your essay to NANWIL@nanonline.org no later than 5:00 p.m. EST on Friday, July 15, 2022.