Vision Rehabilitation is often considered as treatment for eyesight impairment but following brain injury, patients often present with visual challenges that encompass both visual acuity challenges and problems with acquiring or processing visual information. This course will include dynamic experiences to assist you in understanding both types of visual deficits that accompany brain injury, concussion, stroke, and trauma. Testing and treatment including the use of lenses, prisms, and filters along with your ability to use low tech, high tech and assistive technology will be presented to help your brain injured patients recover more successfully.
1. Understand low vision vs visual processing disorders.
2. Identify common vision conditions seen after concussion or brain injury
3. Administer tests to identify visual deficits following acquired brain injury
4. Learn the use of assistive technology for all types of vision disorders
5. Be able to utilize add a neuro-visual approach to rehab therapy