Dept of Population Health, NYU Grossman School of Medicine, New York, New York
White Plains, New York, United States
I have over six years of professional experience including clinical practice and clinical research. My work has been based on understanding mechanisms underlying impairments and dysfunction that affect individuals with long term/chronic medical conditions. I've utilized my skills for design, execution and reporting for research projects for individuals with Parkinson's disease, dementia, chronic neurological impairments in general and SARS CoV-2 infection so far. Improving understanding of these mechanisms may help develop interventions and effective long term solutions for such populations. My overarching goal is to use my research/analytical skills to help design and implement programs to improve level of care and quality of life in populations with long term medical conditions. This vision has helped me strive for best evidence based practices and contribute to the scientific community.
I've worked on long term NIH funded observational cohort studies [Health ABC Study (HABC); National Alzheimer's Coordinating Center(NACC), Researching COVID to Enhance Recovery (RECOVER)] as well as RCTs. The most recent project was a 12-week RCT to assess the role of seated tele-exercise on heart rate recovery and quality of life in individuals with chronic neurological impairments. Projects as a contributing author include assessing the role of napping/fatigue on EMT shift workers using meta-analysis for creating effective recommendations for National Highway and Transport Authorities (NHTSA, USA); assessing inter rater reliability of environmental walkability in community dwelling older adults with or without dementia (Health ABC study); assessing relationship between postural instability and cognitive decline in community dwelling older adults (Health ABC study).
1. 2012-2014: Student Research Candidate, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka, India
2. 2016-2017: Research Assistant, Department of Emergency Medicine, UPMC, University of Pittsburgh PA
3. 2017-2018: Research Assistant, Department of Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh, PA
4. 2018-2019: Research Scientist, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
5. 2019-2022: Clinical Research Coordinator, Burke Neurological Institute, White Plains, NY
6. 2022-Present: Data Analyst, NYU Grossman School of Medicine, NY
I do not have any relevant financial / non-financial relationships with any proprietary interests.
Wednesday, November 9, 2022
3:15 PM – 3:31 PM