Welcome to the 2022 AATOD Conference Website
The American Association for the Treatment of Opioid Dependence works with federal and state agency officials concerning opioid treatment policy throughout the United States. We also work with our partner, the World Federation for the Treatment of Opioid Dependence, with regard to international initiatives and working with designated agencies within the United Nations.
About the Conference
The 2022 American Association for the Treatment of Opioid Dependence, Inc. (AATOD) Conference will be held in Baltimore, Maryland at the Baltimore Hilton Inner Harbor, October 30 - November 3, 2022. The 2022 conference theme is “The Power of Collaboration.”
Our intent is to educate and promote acceptance and integration of MAT options by patients, families, clinicians, the medical system, judicial systems, government, policymakers, social service administrations, and the general public. We will disseminate innovative, evidence-based initiatives and treatment techniques to better serve patients and providers, improve program development and administration, promote integration across the continuum of care, and enhance patient outcomes to assist communities in developing an effective response to this crisis.
- To discuss the latest research and regulatory developments relevant to the field of medication-assisted treatment and critically evaluate the implications in managing the opioid epidemic;
- To disseminate innovative and evidence-based initiatives designed to increase access to services, improve program development and administration, and enhance patient outcomes;
- To strategize approaches to promote, support, facilitate, and integrate medication-assisted treatment into the judicial and penal systems, government, social service organizations, and mainstream medicine;
- To identify and promote strategies that assist healthcare partnerships and collaborations by advancing understanding and acceptance of medication-assisted treatment as a crucial element to community wellness and response to the opioid epidemic; and
- To address and refute misinformation and stigma and promote acceptance of comprehensive medication-assisted treatment throughout the continuum of care.
The AATOD Conference is the largest gathering of the opioid treatment community. This conference brings innovative people together in a diverse array of forums and workshops. Hot Topic Roundtable discussions, inspirational plenary sessions, tours of programs, and exhibit booths with the latest technologies, science, and products that support our work are just a few of the activities that surely stimulated participant discussion, debate, and innovative ideas to share with our respective areas of work, our communities, and our treatment programs nationwide.
Continuing Education Credits
Applications to award Continuing Education Credits will be submitted for the following specialties:
- Addiction Professionals
- Physicians, Psychologist, and Physicians Assistants
- Social Work
Registrants are responsible for confirming that credits earned will be accepted for their specified certification by the appropriate accrediting body.