Call for Abstracts
26th Annual Meeting and Education Day of the Society for Neuro-Oncology
November 18 - 21, 2021
General Abstract Deadline: Monday, May 24, 2021, 11:59pm EDT
- Embargo Details:
- The embargo for abstracts published in the 2021 abstract supplement to SNO official journal Neuro-Oncology will lift at 7:00 AM (EDT) on Monday, November 8, 2021.
- These abstracts will be made available at: https://academic.oup.com/neuro-oncology.
- Presentation Recording Onsite:
- SNO will record all "live" slide presentations (with accompanying audio and video) during the meeting.
- Select presentations will be featured on the SNO Education Site and will be made available for online viewing.
- Electronic Poster Presentations:
- Files will be captured electronically (in PDF) prior to the meeting and available on the mobile meeting app, website and onsite.
- Presenters will be given full credit for their presentations. For the purpose of Neuro-Oncology, Neuro-Oncology Practice, and other scholarly journals, presentation in either of these forums is not considered "prior publication".
- General Abstract Deadline: Monday, May 24, 2021, 11:59pm EDT
- Late Breaking Abstract Deadline: Wednesday, September 1, 2021, 11:59pm EST.
- Abstracts submitted to this category that do not fit the description criteria, will be withdrawn. For information and special guidelines on Late-Breaking Abstracts, click here.
- *Please use the web browser Google Chrome when submitting an abstract.
Please note the following information will be requested of your abstract:
- Abstract Title:
- Should be sentence case (i.e., only the first letter of the title should be capitalized)
- Should be plain text (No html)
- Word Limit: 75 words/ 200 characters
- Abstract Body:
- Word Limit: 300 words
- Figures and tables are not allowed
- Should be in a single paragraph
- If subheaders are used, they should be within that single paragraph in all-caps, not bolded (e.g., METHODS:)
- If you use the greater than/equal to symbol, you MUST put a space before entering the number.
- Abstracts should be data-driven and must include this information in the body of the abstract.
- Please be sure to carefully check your abstract for content errors, spelling, names, etc. before submitting. SNO neither proofreads for nor corrects spelling, typographical, grammatical, or scientific errors.
- There can only be 1 presenting author per submission
- There is a maximum of 50 authors per abstract submission
- Only the presenting author is required to submit a Conflict of Interest Disclosure.
- Enter the names of authors in the order in which you wish them to appear in the printed text.
- Presenting Authors will need to complete new Presenting Author Task.
- Educational Objectives:
- Must provide 2-3 objectives
- Word Limit: 30 words per objective
- For information and special guidelines on Late-Breaking Abstracts, click here.
- Adult & Pediatric
- Late Breaking (for more info & guidelines click here)
Abstract Tumor Type:
- CNS Metastases
- Nerve Sheath Tumors
- Spinal Tumors
- Glial Tumors
- Embryonal Tumors (ATRT, PNET, Medullo)
- Ependymal Tumors
- Extra-axial (meningioma, hemangiopericytoma, pituitary)
- Rare tumors (lymphoma, GCT, others)
- General neuro-oncology
- Clinical trials: Immunologic
- Clinical trials: Non-immunologic
- Randomized Trials in Development
- Outcome measures and neuro-cognitive outcomes
- QoL and palliative care
- Innovations in patient care
- Neurological complications of cancer
- Epidemiology & biostatistics
- Clinical radiotherapy
- Surgical Therapies
- Cell biology (cell cycle regulation, DNA repair/modulation)
- Cell signaling and signaling pathways
- Cancer stem cell
- Tumor Microenvironment /angiogenesis / metabolism/ invasion/
- Drug discovery, drug resistance
- Tumor models
- Preclinical Experimental Therapeutics
- (Epi)genetics and computational omics
- Molecular pathology & classification
Please contact Tara Mammoser at firstname.lastname@example.org