PALTC21 Frequently Asked Questions
If you do not see an answer to your question here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or visit the AMDA Central booth
during conference hours. Phone lines will be staffed according to the schedule provided on the Need Help?
We ask that phone calls be limited to issues requiring immediate assistance. Please be aware that call volume may be higher just before sessions begin. If your issue is not time sensitive, please send an email and we will reply as soon as possible.
Logging In and Setting Up a ProfileMobile AccessNavigating the Site
Evaluations, Credits, and CertificatesNetworking Events
Exhibits and Expedition AMDAOther Questions
LOGGING IN AND SETTING UP A PROFILE
How do I access the virtual conference?
When does the conference website open?
- Log in using the LOGIN link at the top of the left navigation menu or in the top right corner of the screen.
- Use your AMDA login credentials, the same ones used to register. Please do not create a new account. If you do not remember your credentials, contact us for assistance.
How do I change what appears in my attendee profile?
- You are always able to log in and create a profile, and start building your schedule.
- The entire conference website will open on March 4, including access to the on-demand sessions, exhibits, and posters.
- The website will be available until March 31, 2021.
Click My Conference Profile from the drop-down menu under your name in the upper right corner and go through the profile setup process again.
How do I access the Wednesday pre-conference sessions?
The Futures Program and Pragmatic Trials Pre-Conference Workshop are hosted in APEX, AMDA’s learning management system. Attendees will have received login instructions via email. If you cannot locate them, go to apex.paltc.org and log in with your AMDA credentials. The course will appear on your dashboard in the Course Overview section.What are the technical requirements?
- We recommend Google Chrome for the best experience viewing from your computer or laptop.
- If you do not have Google Chrome, find instructions on how to download it here.
- If you are not able to download Google Chrome, please use the most updated version of Firefox.
- Apple Safari is also supported.
- Internet Explorer is not supported.
- The conference is mobile-friendly. Please see the Mobile Access section below.
Below are links to run a system check on the main platforms that will be used for PALTC21 - EventScribe (this website) GoToWebinar for live education sessions, and Zoom for networking events. Click on each link to test your computer:
What do I do if I cannot hear the audio?
Please ensure the correct audio output device is selected in the audio settings of the GoToWebinar control panel, and be sure that device's volume is also turned up on your computer. Most sessions also have dial-in numbers available in the audio settings should they be necessary. You may also want to try to connect with a tablet or mobile device if available. GoToWebinar also has some helpful resources here
.IMPORTANT: If you are using the phone dial-in number to connect to the audio of a live education session on GoToWebinar, and that session includes a video played during the presentation, the video's sound will only play through the device being used to view the video. The sound will not play through the phone dial-in number. We encourage you to use your device's audio for all live education sessions.I am a speaker and don't know how to access the meeting room.
Speakers have received a unique link via email to access the session room. If you do not have this information, please contact Linda Lang at email@example.com.What is the GoToWebinar meeting ID?
The number is not necessary for you to enter as the conference website and mobile app will launch the meeting room automatically.Why am I receiving GoToWebinar confirmation emails?
GoToWebinar will send a confirmation email with a unique join link to provide an additional way to access a session.How do I join the Wednesday kickoff networking session?
Attendees should pre-register for the event via the link in the Conference Schedule
. After registering, you will receive a link by email to "check in" for the event.How do I access the Meet the Expert session on Saturday?
If I did not sign up for Meet the Expert during registration, am I still able to register during the conference?
- Meet the Expert is a separately ticketed event. If you signed up during registration, you will be able to access the session just like any other live session via the Conference Schedule. It will launch in GoToWebinar just like a regular education session.
- Non-registered attendees will see the event remains locked to them.
Yes. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance.If I signed up for Meet the Expert, will I receive access to the recording?
Yes, access will be made available in APEX only to those who registered for this session. It will be listed as a separate course in APEX, not as part of the overall conference recordings course all attendees will receive.
Can I participate on a mobile device?
- Yes. Learn more about mobile access and downloading the PALTC21 conference app here.
- The conference website is mobile-friendly.
- Education sessions are hosted in GoToWebinar and most networking events are hosted in Zoom. You will need to download those apps as well.
- We recommend using a desktop or laptop computer for any live video chats in the Exhibit Hall or Poster Hall. There is a separate app you can download to participate on a mobile device called "EventScribe Live." Instructions to download this app are available when you enter a video chat session. This is a separate app from the PALTC21 conference app.
- The PALTC21 kickoff event is hosted in a platform called Meetaway, which does not support mobile devices.
NAVIGATING THE SITE
How do I access a session?
Each session description listing within the Conference Schedule
has a "Join Session" button in the lower right corner to access a session. The button will unlock 15 minutes before a session begins. You will need to complete a brief GoToWebinar registration form, and then click the link on screen or in the automated email you will receive to enter the meeting room.
How can I obtain handouts from all of the sessions?
Session handouts will be available for download from each session listing within the conference schedule.What if I don't like a session? Can I switch?
Yes, just go back to the conference schedule and select a different sesssion. Only complete a session evaluation if you plan to claim credit for that session.Which sessions are live and which are recorded?
There are 8 "on demand sessions" accessible from the ON DEMAND tab on the Conference Schedule that are pre-recorded. All other sessions during the conference will be live.Where are the conference recordings?
What is the Social Wall?
- There are 8 "on demand sessions" accessible from the ON DEMAND tab on the Conference Schedule available to attendees while the conference website is open.
- All conference recordings, including the on-demand sessions, will be made available to attendees in APEX after the conference. Instructions to access the recordings will be emailed to attendees shortly after the conference ends.
- We expect recordings to be available in APEX and eligible to earn credit approximately 2-3 weeks after the conference ends.
The Social Wall
aggregates tweets about PALTC21. You can also post to the Social Wall using a web form if you do not have a Twitter account and would like to participate. Please see the page
for more information.How do I access the House of Delegates meeting?
Delegates will receive a meeting link directly. For more information on the HOD, please click here
EVALUATIONS, CREDITS, AND CERTIFICATES
How do I get to the evaluations?
How will I get my certificate?
- Each individual session description on the conference schedule will have a button that leads directly to that session's evaluation. The button will unlock 15 minutes prior to the scheduled end of a session.
- There is a "Claim Credits" tile to access the evaluation platform on the conference homepage. This will not direct to a specific session if accessing this way, so you will need to locate the session's evaluation manually.
A link to download the certificate will be available after completing the session and overall conference evaluations.Do I have to complete the session evaluation right away?
No, but it helps to do so to remember which session was attended and provide immediate feedback. The evaluation button on each session page provides a direct link to that session's evaluation.I submitted an evaluation accidentally or too early, or I made a mistake.
You may correct any premature or erroneous evaluation submissions at any time.Can I get continuing education credits for the recordings?
How do I get my credits?
- The on-demand sessions viewed during the conference offer certain types of credits as described on the individual session descriptions, and if viewed during the conference will be considered part of the conference educational activity.
- Recordings of all sessions will be available in APEX after the conference and eligible for CME, MOC, and CMD credit. Attendees viewing sessions in APEX should not include those in their conference credit claim/certificate.
Are product theaters eligible for CME credit?
- Credits will accrue based on the sessions for which evaluations are completed. The total credit amounts will appear on the certificate.
- You will not select which credit types you want to claim; all credit types will appear on the certificate.
The Friday, 2-3 PM ET Product Theater, "Innovations in Treating Psychosis and Behavioral Disturbances in Dementia in Long Term Care Settings," is being offered for CME through a third party accreditor. It is not part of the PALTC21 conference CME activity and is not endorsed by AMDA-The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine. Clinical Care Options will provide instructions during the session to claim CME/CE credit.Can I save my conference evaluation and return to it later?
Yes. The overall conference evaluation will be available starting Saturday, March 13.When will credits show up on my transcript?
After the evaluation period closes on March 31, we will upload a master credit report to APEX so that the credits appear on your individual transcripts.Will I receive live CMD credits required for certification or recertification?
ABPLM will treat all credits earned from PALTC21 activities as live credits for certification or recertification purposes (whether live or on-demand). Please contact Suzanne Harris at email@example.com or in the ABPLM booth for more information.
What platform will be used for networking sessions?
Where can I learn more about Team Trivia Night?
- The Wednesday kickoff event will be hosted in Meetaway. Learn more here.
- The live poster session and Exhibit Hall will be hosted directly within the PALTC21 website.
- Other networking programs will use Zoom. For an optimal experience, please ensure you are running version 5.3 or later of the Zoom software. You can download the latest version of Zoom here.
See the event page and attendee FAQ here
EXHIBITS AND EXPEDITION AMDA
When is the Exhibit Hall open?
You can visit the Exhibit Hall
at any time. During the conference, there will be specific hours when exhibit booths will have staff available to interact with attendees both in video chats as well as text chat.Will Exhibit Hall booths be staffed during the conference?
Yes. All Exhibit Hall booths will have exhibitors available for live video chat during breaks between education sessions and during listed Exhibit Hall hours. Some exhibitors may have additional availability, and you are also welcome to connect with exhibitors to arrange a convenient time to interact. The best way to determine when an exhibitor will be available is to access the Video Chat tab within the booth and hover over the exhibitor's video chat button to display a schedule.What is Expedition AMDA?
To learn more about Expedition AMDA, click here
What will be new in 2021?
What is included in my registration?
- Meeting registration will include all four days of the Conference – Thursday through Sunday. There is no Friday through Sunday (3-day) option available this year.
- Opening General Session – This year, the Opening General Session will kick-off the conference on Thursday at 11:00 AM ET, instead of Friday morning. View Schedule.
- Virtual Poster Session – Attendees will have the opportunity to view posters as PDF images, listen to recorded messages from the authors, interact with authors and other attendees via dicussion board, and participate in a live video chat session with presenting authors. The live video chat session with presenting authors will be held on Wednesday, March 10 from 7:00 - 9:00 PM ET. Additional information about accessing the live video chat session and viewing the posters will be available as the Conference gets closer.
- In addition to the extensive live program, multiple sessions will be available exclusively on-demand to view on your schedule and earn additional credits.
View everything included with your registration here
. When will I have access to the conference recordings?
We expect to have all recordings available 2-3 weeks after the conference concludes. Instructions to access the conference recordings in APEX, AMDA's learning management system, will be provided in our post-conference communications.How did the Board make the decision to go virtual in 2021?
Board members and staff have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic since early 2020, and carefully considered the Society’s core values and responsibility for members, attendees, residents, and the local community.
Committing to hold the conference virtually is the best way to connect and share knowledge, keep everyone safe, and create certainty for planners, speakers, and attendees.What about the 2022 Annual Conference?
AMDA is committed to returning to an in-person format as soon as it is safe. We anticipate that our 2022 Annual Conference will take place as planned in Baltimore, MD, from March 10-13, 2022.How do I review or remove any data that may have been collected about me through this website?
This GDPR-compliant website, hosted by CadmiumCD, may process certain data on AMDA's behalf to facilitate your participation in the virtual conference. You may request review and removal of this data by completing the form here
Anything else I should know?
Daylight Saving Time begins on Sunday, March 14. Please ensure to set your clocks forward one hour to be on time for the Sunday sessions:
- Red Eye Rounds will start at 10 AM EDT (not EST)
- General Session III will start at 12 PM EDT (not EST)