COVID-19 Safety Protocols
The Organization for Associate Degree Nursing (OADN) places the health and well-being of all attendees at the 2021 Annual Convention as our top priority. The 2021 OADN Convention COVID-19 Safety Protocols outline these on-site safety measures in detail and provide helpful resources for all attendees. We encourage you to monitor the COVID-19 Safety Protocols page to stay informed of the latest updates. We are closely following the latest COVID-19 developments reported by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the City of Austin, Texas Home | AustinTexas.gov and we will communicate updates in a timely manner.
For more information about the online virtual-only offerings for the 2021 Convention, please visit this link.
On-Site Proof of Recent Negative Covid-19 PCR Test - or - Vaccine Exemption
OADN requires that 2021 Convention attendees, including exhibitors, present a negative PCR Covid-19 test taken within 48 hours of your check-in at the OADN registration desk. Rapid antigen tests will not be accepted. OADN will not be providing testing services on site.
In lieu of this testing requirement, attendees and exhibitors may voluntarily present Proof of Vaccination at the OADN registration desk. Examples of Proof of Vaccination include CDC vaccination card or a digital equivalent - or - Real Vaccination ID card. Please refer to this user guide for step-by-step ordering and usage instructions of your Real Vaccination ID card. This free gift is also available to any virtual attendee.
All attendees will also be asked to complete and sign the 2021 Annual Convention Liability Waiver Form. (See below)
On-Site Indoor Mask Requirement
Following CDC guidance as of July 30th, OADN will require masks covering the mouth and nose to be worn in all indoor meeting spaces. Should CDC guidance change with improved COVID transmission and infection rates, OADN will revisit this requirement and provide updates for attendees. And should CDC guidance allow for no indoor masking at the time of the annual meeting, attendees are still welcome to mask if they feel more comfortable doing so.
Austin Marriott Downtown
Cleaning and Sanitization - Our Convention Host Hotel, the Austin Marriott Downtown, has made several enhancements to their cleaning practices throughout the property and in guest rooms. These include:
Enhanced public space cleaning:
Hand Sanitizer Stations - Touchless hand sanitizer stations will be provided to all Convention attendees and will be located throughout the OADN meeting spaces and public spaces located at the Austin Marriott Downtown.
Enhanced associate safety protocol:
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
Every guest room is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to your arrival. During your stay, we will not provide housekeeping automatically every day. If you wish to receive daily housekeeping refresh service, please let our guest services team know. We will be happy to schedule service according to your preferences. Please note that if you are staying with us a bit longer, we will automatically clean your guest room after every 6th night.
Food and Beverage:
Enhanced Meeting and Event Procedures:
Helpful COVID-19 Resources
For more detailed information and resources, we encourage you to visit:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Travel Guidance: Travel | CDC
Travel Requirements by Country: COVID-19 Country Specific Information (state.gov)
City of Austin COVID-19 Requirements and Resources: COVID-19 in Austin | AustinTexas.gov
Marriott Commitment to Clean: Marriott Cleanliness Council | Marriott Bonvoy
Austin Marriott Downtown COVID-19 Updates: What to Expect in the Age of COVID-19 | Austin Marriott Downtown
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK.
I acknowledge and understand the following:
1. Participation in the Event involves possible exposure to and/or increased risk of contracting or spreading, infectious diseases, including, but not limited to, COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist.
2. I agree to abide by all preventative measures (collectively “Measures”) put in place by the OADN, their respective employees, agents, contractors, and volunteers at any time prior to and during the Event including wearing cloth face coverings at all times in public spaces, remaining at least six feet away from other Event participants, and promptly notifying the OADN if any registrant experiences symptoms of COVID-19 during the Event.
3. I acknowledge that personal failure to follow these Measures may result in being removed from the Event and all related activities without any refund or reimbursement.
4. I acknowledge that no promises, representations, or affirmations of fact were made to me concerning the safety or danger associated with traveling to the Event or participating in any activity or interaction related to or associated with the Event.
5. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the OADN; and
6. I hereby knowingly assume the risk of injury, harm and loss associated with the Event, including any injury, harm and loss caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the OADN.
BY ATTENDING AND/OR PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT, YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE GIVEN A FULL RELEASE OF LIABILITY TO THE OADN TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
_________________________________________________ _______________________ Attendee Signature Date