Director, Business Development BrightView Landscape Development Los Angeles, California
Public institutions and governments are increasingly choosing Design-Build as a project delivery method. Landscape architects are playing key roles on larger and more complex projects—hear from designers, owners, and contractors about the evolution, advantages, and pitfalls of Design-Build.
1. Understand the difference between Design Bid Build, Design-Build and Progressive Design Build in terms of procurement, process, timeline and risk.
2. Learn why more institutions and governments are using design-build, and what sectors, project types and scales of projects Design-Build is being used for.
3. Understand how new delivery methods are changing the landscape architects’ role in the design process.
4. Identify successful partnering strategies between contractors and designers on Design-Build Teams and what Owners are looking for in successful Design-Build teams.
5. Understand some of the challenges with Design-Build project delivery from an Owner’s, Designer’s and Contractor’s perspective.
6. Learn about Best Management Practices for Design-Build, such as Target Value Design, a Collaborative Design Approach and Project Delivery Charters.