CAPCSD 2021 Virtual Conference Q&A
What do I need to know about the technology for the conference website platform to ensure that I have the best experience?A:
Chrome is the preferred browser for the conference website.
We encourage you to perform a system check with the computer you will use for the conference. Click here
to run a system check.
If you are using a university computer, you may need to contact your IT department and request the following not be blocked by antivirus and firewalls so your conference experience is not limited: cadmiumcd.com, mycadmiumcd.com evenscribeapp.com, myeventscribe.com, eventscribe.com.
What should I do if I need technical support? A:
Do not contact CAPCSD. Contact the Technical Support offered during the conference. There is a link to Technical Support at the bottom of the conference website page.
What should I do first when I login to the conference website?A:
Listen to the Conference Welcome.
What are the next steps?A:
Go to My Conference Information on the left navigation bar. Set up your profile, include a photo, select your professional/fun ribbons, and share with other attendees. This will enhance interaction and networking during the conference. Do not forget to Save and Continue.
How do I manage the conference sessions that I will attend?A:
The sessions you selected during registration have been uploaded and will show as Favorite with a yellow star next to the session name. NOTE!
Poster sessions have not been uploaded so you will need to select the poster sessions you want to attend by clicking the star and turning it yellow.
All of your favorited sessions will be listed in My Conference Information / My Plan and have a yellow star in the Sessions listings.
Can I change the sessions I want to attend?A:
Yes. You can change any session you want to attend at least 10 minutes before the session begins. Go to Sessions, deselect the session you no longer want to attend, and select the session you want to attend.
What should I do when it is time to attend the session?A:
To attend the session during the date/time it is offered:
- Go to the session block in My Plan or under Sessions.
- Click anywhere in the session block (avoid the presenter's name unless you want to see their information first).
- Click the Video button on the bottom navigation bar to enter the session.
- Click the play arrow of the recording. We recommend that you do not maximize your screen so you can see the Q&A to the right side of the screen. This is where you will ask questions of the speaker(s) for them to answer.
- For Poster sessions, click Video or View ePoster if there is not a Video button.
How do the Q&A and Discussion work during the session?A:
Any time during the session recording, you can ask a question of the speaker(s) or have a discussion with other attendees. If there are multiple questions from attendees, you can “Vote Up” any question you would like the speaker to address first. You have 100 points to use to vote up questions. The speaker’s response will populate immediately below the question.Q:
What should I know about conference evaluations?A:
Session evaluations do not need to be completed immediately following the session. You go back later in the day and complete the evaluations. That way you are not late for the next session you want to attend. You must complete evaluations for all of the sessions you attended, as well as the overall conference evaluation, in order to receive CEUs. The deadline to complete all evaluations is Friday, April 23rd.
Is there a place to make notes about a session I attended?A:
Yes. The Notes box is next to the yellow star for each session where you can make notes about the presentation.
How do I engage with conference sponsors and visit their virtual exhibitor booths?A:
You will find all sponsors on the yellow sponsor tile and on the left-hand navigation bar.
You can request specific information, and some sponsors offer video and/or text chat, a product showcase, a Giveaway, and are participating in CAPCSD Quest.
I am curious about the CAPCSD Quest. What is it? A:
CAPCSD Quest is the conference scavenger hunt. Conference attendees are encouraged to participate and win prizes. Please click here
for more information.
Is there anything else I should know?A:
Please do not share your conference website login. It is unique for your use only and is connected to the email address you used when you registered. CEUs are available for registered attendees only.
- You must stay on schedule. Start your sessions on time in order to claim CEUs.
- All sessions are pre-recorded but the speaker(s) will be available to answer questions in real-time during the session.
- Sessions scheduled at 8:00 a.m. ET are repeated at 5:30 p.m. ET (2:30 p.m. PT). All participants, regardless of their time zone, can attend any session of their choice. They cannot, however, receive duplicate CEUs for attending the same session twice.
- All content will be available for at least six (6) months after the conference ends. Keep your login information available so you can return to the conference website whenever you would like. CEUs are NOT available.