Baylor College of Medicine, Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
NAME: Fariha Jamal
eRA COMMONS USER NAME (credential, e.g., agency login): FARIHA.ZAHEER
POSITION TITLE: Staff Neurologist, Assistant Professor, Neurology
King Edward Medical University, Pakistan MBBS/MD 06/1998 Medicine
Sheikh Zayed Hospital, Pakistan Internship 1999 Medicine
Services Hospital, Pakistan Residency 10/2005 Medicine
University of Kentucky, Lexington Residency 06/2012 Neurology
University of Kentucky, Lexington Fellowship 06/2013 Movement disorders
A. Personal Statement
I am a clinical neurologist with expertise in the pathogenesis, diagnosis, treatment and management of neurodegenerative movement and cognitive disorders. I have great deal of interest in exploring different clinical resources that can improve quality of life and overall patient care. I was recruited to the PADRECC at Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center, in 2013. Here, I have been able to follow large population of people affected by disorders of interest to me, particularly neurodegenerative disorders. As a movement disorders neurologist, I have collaborated with VA researchers in different projects at MEDVAMC, focused on traumatic brain injury and neurodegenerative disorders including Parkinson's disease and Essential Tremor.
B. Position and Honors
- Staff Neurologist, Parkinson’s Disease Research Education Clinical Care Center, Neurology care line,
MEDVAMC, Houston, TX, 07/2013-Present
- Assistant Professor, Neurology Department, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, 07/2013-Present
- BCM Faculty Inclusion Ambassador for Department of Neurology at the office of Institutional Diversity, Inclusion and Equity, 11/2016-present
- Site Director (MEDVAMC) for Neurology Core Clerkship, Baylor college of Medicine, 05/2017- present
- Movement Disorders Fellow, Neurology, University of Kentucky, 07/2012-06/2013.
- Chief resident, Neurology, University of Kentucky, 07/2011- 06/2012
- Chief resident, Internal medicine, Services Hospital Lahore, Pakistan, 06/2006 - 06/2007
- American Academy of Neurology, 2009- Present.
- Movement Disorders Society, July 2012- Present.
Ongoing Research Support
U01 HG007709-0 (Lee, B) 07/01/19–06/30/2022
Clinical Sites for an Undiagnosed Diseases Network (UDN)(U01) $ 518,619
Monday, September 27, 2021
4:30 PM – 4:47 PM ET