Today, children diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) have a fighting chance thanks to new effective therapies, and promising treatments on the horizon. The key is early diagnosis.
Cure SMA Product Theater: Importance of Newborn Screening & Early Diagnosis to Maximize Clinical Outcome in SMA
Learn about the early clinical presentation of SMA, the impact of diagnostic delays, and the availability of FDA approved treatments. Attendees will also gain an enhanced understanding of the current status of SMA newborn screening and the associated treatment algorithm for infants diagnosed via this method.
At the conclusion of the product theater, participants should be able to:
• Recognize the early clinical presentation of SMA
• Describe the importance of early diagnosis and treatment in infants with SMA and the impact of diagnostic delays
• Describe the current status of newborn screening for SMA and the treatment algorithms for infants identified via newborn screening
• Describe FDA approved treatment options for SMA
• Identify on-demand resources available to enhance provider awareness of the early clinical presentation of SMA
To view the presentation: https://youtu.be/pkF-RobQytk
Cure SMA Product Theater Registration - The Importance of Newborn Screening and Early Diagnosis to Maximize Clinical Outcomes in Spinal Muscular Atrophy
925 Busse Rd
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007