WVC 91st Annual Conference
Modernize Communications Strategies for Your Clients and Your Team
I hope that you consider coming to this workshop to learn new ways that technology can save
you time and money while helping you strengthen the bond with your clients and your team. It
is my hope that you will leave this workshop with real tangible technology insights that you can
take action on immediately when you get back to practice on Monday. Here are just a few
things you will learn:
1. Digital messaging. A new study I’ll share with you shows the majority of clients want to be
updated every 3 to 4 hours. Calling clients on the phone this much is impractical and
challenging in a busy practice. This is where digital messaging can save the day whether
you are texting your clients or sending messages via your mobile app. I will show you
innovative ways to connect with clients in a more modern, powerful and fast way.
2. Online appointment booking. In this emerging area, some of the practice management
systems are allowing direct appointment booking into the schedule. While at first thought
that might give you a little anxiety, consider how much phone time this can save. And, if
your PMS doesn’t support it, I’ll show you how to at least let clients request appointments
3. Prescription and food refills. Be like Starbucks and let your clients order through a mobile
app for quicker more efficient refills. It won’t take long and they will stop showing up at
lunch unannounced asking for 180 thyroid pills.
4. Personalized experiences. Clients want to get to know you. I’ll teach you the basics from
sending individual personalized videos to your clients to creating short videos to grow your
brand and client base with social media.
5. Use Siri as your personal assistant. She can be very helpful in the practice setting. I’ll show
you some awesome ideas to make Siri work for you!
Let’s face it, most team meetings suck, and their extremely expensive. But, when done right,
they can be the most motivating part of a successful practice. We will review how to set up the
perfect team meeting, who to invite and how to get actionable outcomes. And, to accomplish
all the other stuff, I’ll show you how to use these digital tools:
1. Modern tools on the market, like Slack and Glip, allow you to create chat rooms with your
team, assign tasks and to finally know if everyone has read your memo. This will save you a
ton of time and keep your team engaged.
2. Team video conferencing can really help doctor’s communicate better and easier to
promote work-life balance. Who says a doctor meeting has to be between 9-5? How about
at 8:30p after the kids have got to bed while you have a glass of wine?
3. Trello is hands down my most favorite digital program. It is the mother of all organization
tools and it’s free. Whether you are managing your hospital, staff reviews or even your
children, you will fall in love with Trello. Just imagine a dry erase board crossed with Post-It
notes, but digital!
I look forward to meeting you in Las Vegas. And to get the most out of this workshop,
please bring your laptop, smartphone, or both!!